The stuff I've hacked to make our world a better place.
(This page is mostly deprecated as of around 2001)
I like coding various stuff, and I've whipped up a few nice little applications mostly for use with Afterstep's Wharf.
asmixer, The Afterstep MixerDownload so you can all stop swamping me with e-mail about it.
- Jun 16 : v0.5 WindowMaker Support! Use -w!
- May 17 : v0.4.1 add the '-v' command to set the master volume at run time. Anyone wanna extend it and add a .asmixerrc file?
- Feb 14 : v0.4 has some new XPMs, supports dragging of the levers, and should work under 2.1.x kernels.
- v0.3 cleans up the debugging output and transparentizes the XPM
ascd, The Afterstep CD PlayerThis is a fully functional CD Player that swallows nicely. You can play, stop, pause, increment and decrement tracks and eject the disc. It even features the current track in an LED (stolen from ASClock) and the current time of the track. All in a 48x48 Icon. Eek.
- Mar 17: 0.10 has been released. Get it from Denis's Page.
- Jan 27: 0.9 has been released. Denis's site is currently the definitive one for ASCD, so go there and snag it. It should work nicely.
- Sep 6: v0.7 I'm glad to welcome Denis Bourez
aboard as co-maintainer of ASCD. This is due to the serious overhaul he gave ascd for v0.7. It is greatly cleaned up, and should now compile on most Unices. In addition, a nifty status bar was added to show percent of track. Very cool- email him your thanks.
- June 16: v0.6 rewrote WindowMaker support.
- May 17 : v0.5 makes ascd's controls act a bit more like a standard CD player, and should now work under Window Maker.
- v0.4 adds a blinky LED when paused and correctly halts the CD when it reaches the end.
- v0.3 fixes the data CD crash and automatically picks up the track position when you start it.
asmodem, The Afterstep Modem Monitor
- July 19: v0.6 The 3 lights now function as TR/TX/CD lights while on a PPP
connection thanks to Rod May
- June 16: v0.5 Window Maker Support (-w)
- May 17: v0.4 Changed to newer, better looking icons. Yippee.
ascdc, The Afterstep CD Changerascdc. This is the ideal applet for anyone with an IDE CD Changer. You can use it to change the current active drive. It should work with any IDE Changer that will work with Linux.
- June 16: v0.3 You guessed it... WindowMaker Dock support.
Cooltitlebars 3, Could Afterstep Look Even Better?
- New XPMs can span the whole root menu
- New These new xpms can be shaped!
- New You can use XPMs as arrows
- Fix the left corner bug on window handles
- Fixes the active/inactive color bug on handles
- Adds the ability to place shaped XPMs into the title icons
- Allows a 'Up' and 'Down' icon for title icons.
- Put XPMs in the background of the root menu
- Makes titlebar text look beveled.
- Download cool3.diff and it's README.